Course Plan "International Master of Particle Physics"
1. Semester (Universität Clermont Auvergne)
- Introduction to quantum field theory and gauge theories, 6 CP
- Introduction to particle physics and the experimental foundations of the Standard Model, 9 CP
- Programming and data analysis, 6 CP
- Statistics and artificial intelligence, 6 CP
- Elective modules, 3 CP
2. Semester (TU Dortmund University)
- Model building in particle physics, 6 CP
- Practical aspects of particle physics measurements, 6 CP
- Detector systems in particle and medical physics, 9 CP
- Spring/Summer school, 3 CP
- Elective modules, 6 CP
3. Semester (Universität Bologna)
- Advanced standard model, 6 CP
- Flavour physics in theory and experiment, 6 CP
- Computer science for High energy physics, 12 CP
- Orientation course for scientific research, 6 CP
4. Semester (at a university of choice )
- Final examination, 12 CP
- Preparation for final examination or internship, 18 CP
Search & People Search
CalendarTo event list
Exploring the High-Energy Sky with the H.E.S.S. Telescopes in Namibia: A 20-year journey
From Code to Clinic
Lecture by Hartmut Löwen
Raman spectroscopy in biomedicine - Spectroscopic analysis with a focus on cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Lecture by Manuel Drees
Location & approach
The campus of the Technical University of Dortmund is located near the freeway junction Dortmund West, where the Sauerland line A45 crosses the Ruhr expressway B1/A40. The Dortmund-Eichlinghofen exit on the A45 leads to the South Campus, the Dortmund-Dorstfeld exit on the A40 leads to the North Campus. The university is signposted at both exits.
The "Dortmund Universität" S-Bahn station is located directly on the North Campus. From there, the S-Bahn line S1 runs every 20 or 30 minutes to Dortmund main station and in the opposite direction to Düsseldorf main station via Bochum, Essen and Duisburg. In addition, the university can be reached by bus lines 445, 447 and 462. Timetable information can be found on the homepage of the Rhine-Ruhr transport association, and DSW21 also offer an interactive route network map.
One of the landmarks of the TU Dortmund is the H-Bahn. Line 1 runs every 10 minutes between Dortmund Eichlinghofen and the Technology Center via Campus South and Dortmund University S, while Line 2 commutes every 5 minutes between Campus North and Campus South. It covers this distance in two minutes.
From Dortmund Airport, it takes just over 20 minutes to get to Dortmund Central Station by AirportExpress and from there to the university by S-Bahn. A wider range of international flight connections is offered by Düsseldorf Airport, about 60 kilometers away, which can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university's train station.
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".Zum Lageplan
Open weather forecast