- Physics I (integrated course), 15 CP
- Higher Mathematics I, 9 CP
- Elective subject: "Introduction to Programming" or "General and Inorganic Chemistry for Physics" (Lecture), 9/12 or 6 CP
- Physics II (integrated course), 15 CP
- Higher Mathematics II, 9 CP
- Elective subject: General and Inorganic Chemistry for Physics" (Laboratory Exercises) , 4 CP
- Physics III (integrated course), 15 CP
- Higher Mathematics III, 9 CP
- Experimental Exercises I, 6 CP
- Physics IV (integrated course), 15 CP
- Higher Mathematics IV, 6 CP
- Numerical Mathematics for Physics and Engineering, 6 CP
- Experimental Exercises II, 6 CP
- Introduction to Solid State Physics, 9 CP
- Introduction to Particle Physics, 9 CP
- Thermodynamics und Statistical Physics, 9 CP
- Experimental Excercises for Advanced Students, 6 CP
- Bachelor Thesis with Presentation, 10 CP
5th and 6th Semester
- Elective area with 14-16 CP, of which at least 8 from physics
We have summarised examples of the design of the elective area for the most common thematic emphases in these study progression plans (in German).
Search & People Search
CalendarTo event list
Location & approach
The campus of the Technical University of Dortmund is located near the freeway junction Dortmund West, where the Sauerland line A45 crosses the Ruhr expressway B1/A40. The Dortmund-Eichlinghofen exit on the A45 leads to the South Campus, the Dortmund-Dorstfeld exit on the A40 leads to the North Campus. The university is signposted at both exits.
The "Dortmund Universität" S-Bahn station is located directly on the North Campus. From there, the S-Bahn line S1 runs every 20 or 30 minutes to Dortmund main station and in the opposite direction to Düsseldorf main station via Bochum, Essen and Duisburg. In addition, the university can be reached by bus lines 445, 447 and 462. Timetable information can be found on the homepage of the Rhine-Ruhr transport association, and DSW21 also offer an interactive route network map.
One of the landmarks of the TU Dortmund is the H-Bahn. Line 1 runs every 10 minutes between Dortmund Eichlinghofen and the Technology Center via Campus South and Dortmund University S, while Line 2 commutes every 5 minutes between Campus North and Campus South. It covers this distance in two minutes.
From Dortmund Airport, it takes just over 20 minutes to get to Dortmund Central Station by AirportExpress and from there to the university by S-Bahn. A wider range of international flight connections is offered by Düsseldorf Airport, about 60 kilometers away, which can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university's train station.
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".Zum Lageplan